It’s January 14, 2015. The countdown has moved down to six days.
Six. That’s less than a week!
It’s crazy! In six days (if not before) my wife and I will be holding our first child.
Writing that sentence makes me lose my breath just a bit. It’s totally surreal in fact!
The reality of this countdown has been pretty insane. Here are some of the things that have been going on lately in the Barnes house:
- We have our bags packed just in case we need to hit the road quickly.
- We have a diaper bag packed and ready to go.
- We have a couple of bags of baby stuff packed and ready.
- Our dog is packed and a sitter has been arranged.
- We have an infant car seat installed in our car.
- Cloth diapers have been prepped, washed, and dried.
- Baby clothes, towels, blankets, swaddlers, etc. have all been washed, sorted, and stored away.
- The nursery has been finalized, minus a few things that we don’t need until later.
- Baby-proofing of the house has ramped up significantly.
- There’s a ton of baby food in our house, thanks to our wonderful friends.
- I’ve become very well acquainted with the baby aisles in Target.
- We’re learning how to swaddle, mix formula, use cloth diapers, etc., etc.
- We’ve had a thousand conversations about parenting.
- We’ve prayed for Wendy, our birthmom, our child, and this whole process a ton.
- We have leaned on on friends and family in ways that we never have before.
- And we have seen God’s faithfulness to us like we never have up to this point.
This countdown has changed our lives.
Once the countdown goes to zero our lives will be changed again! Baby Barnes will transform who we are as a couple, as individuals, and as followers of Jesus.
So, please keep praying for us. Pray for the adoption process to continue to be smooth. Pray for our nerves as this countdown keeps ticking away. And pray that the good news of Jesus and his kingdom will be lifted high through all of this!
If you’d like to read more of our adoption story and/or if you’d like to find out how you can support us, please follow this link: https://www.continuetogive.com/mattandalida.
And if you want to follow our continued adoption saga, enter your email in the subscribe box near the upper right hand corner of this page (or near the bottom of the page if you’re reading this on your mobile device!).